Business Degree College Scholarships
Many students believe that scholarships, awards, and grants are only available to those in severe financial need or those with very high academic records. The truth is, however, there are many scholarships and awards available to business degree students. Many are directed to applicants in particular areas of study or with certain demographic traits. Limiting criteria for scholarships often lower the pool of qualified candidates substantially, making them easier to obtain. Following are some potential scholarships to pursue.
1) The SILA Foundation College Scholarship – $2500 – The SILA Foundation College Scholarship offers ten scholarship awards of $2500 for use at any accredited post-secondary college or university. The requirements for this program are as follows: Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, have a 3.0 or higher GPA, and be enrolled in one of the following business subjects: Business administration, education, finance or accounting, insurance studies, marketing, and mathematics. Submit scholarship applications April 1st – May 31st. Find the application and full details here.
2) AACE International Competitive Scholarships – $8,000 – AACE International awards scholarships ranging between $2,000-$8,000. Eligible candidates must pursue a degree program related to cost engineering or cost management, business administration or quantity surveying. US, Canadian, and International students who have completed at least one year of college, have a GPA of at least 3.0, and provide an Advisor’s recommendation, are welcome to apply.
3) Frank L. Greathouse Government Scholarship – $5,000 – The Government Finance Officers Association enhances and promotes the professional management of financial resources of government. The Association is offering a $5,000 scholarship to accounting students pursuing local, state or federal government careers. Find application requirements and deadlines here.
4) Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program – $1,000-$5,000 – The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners offers the Ritchie-Jennings scholarship. Eligible applicants are enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university with a declared major or minor in accounting, business administration, finance or criminal justice and a desire to pursue a career in fraud examination or a similar anti-fraud profession. Visit this website for further application requirements.
5) AFCEA Young Entrepreneur Scholarship – $2,000 – The AFCEA Education Foundation is proud to offer a $2,000 scholarship. Undergraduate applicants must be a college sophomore, junior, or senior under the age of40, and pursuing a degree in business or entrepreneurship. GPA must be 3.0 or higher. Learn more on their website at AFCEA.org
6) GEICO Achievement Award Program – $1,000 – GEICO recognizes outstanding college student’s dedication to academics, leadership and community service through their GEICO Achievement Award. Eligible applicants must be enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university, and maintain a 3.0 GPA or better. Preferred majors are business, computer science, or mathematics. Students must have demonstrated leadership skills. Learn more about the GEICO Achievement Award program here.
7) NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards – $5,000-$10,000 – The NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation is pleased to offer high school seniors who own or operate a private business the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Award scholarship. Learn more about the NFIB Foundation and scholarships by visiting their website at NFIB.com
8) The Dreamer Scholarship – $1,000 – College students majoring in business or science are encouraged to apply for RentDeals.com Dreamer Scholarship. Applicants must be enrolled in a regionally accredited post-secondary institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, submit a bio or resume and letter of recommendation. For more details visit RentDeals.com Scholars web page.
9) NSA Scholarship Foundation – $500-$2,200 – The National Society of Accountants is happy to provide scholarships to U.S. and Canadian citizens currently enrolled in a two or four – year college and majoring in accounting. Applicants must maintain a 3.0 GPA or better. Applications will be accepted for the Fall 2017 semester beginning in January 2017. Please visit nsacct.org.
10) Richard E. Bangert Business Award – $1,500 – The Richard E Bangert Business Award, sponsored by the Estate of Richard E Bangert, First Interstate Bank and other interested family and friends. The scholarship will benefit a junior or senior at an ICW college majoring in a business related field. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. Visit the ICW website for more requirements.
11) Mark Beaumont Scholarship Fund – $2,500 – The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences is pleased to offer the Mark Beaumont Scholarship to full-time undergraduate students on a career path headed toward the business of interactive entertainment. Study emphasis areas considered are executive leadership, law, marketing, public relations or business development. Submit applications for the 2016-2017 school year at interactive.org.
12) Cappex Business Majors Scholarship – $1,000 – Cappex has a $1,000 scholarship available to students committed to business, management, financial or other business-related major. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities, leadership, and volunteerism. Deadline to apply is Dec. 31. Find application requirements at Cappex.com.
13) JWU Business Professionals of America (BPA) Scholarship – $1,000-$7,500 – Johnson & Wales University offers the BPA Scholarship to any incoming student who is a past or present member of the Business Professionals of America. The scholarship is renewable for up to 4 years, and will range from $1,000-$7,500. Applications received before February 1 will be considered for full tuition. Visit Johnson & Wales University for more information.
14) NSHSS Business, Economics & Public Policy Scholarships – $1,000 – The National Society of High School Scholars Foundation offers $1,000 scholarships to students choosing majors related to public decision making, such as business, finance, economics, public policy or business administration. The application period begins January 2017. Please visit NSHSS scholarship page to learn more.
15) Burt Scherman Memorial Scholarship – $2,000 – Provided by HP and administered by the Electronic Document Scholarship Foundation, the Burt Scherman Memorial Scholarship Fund was established to provide multiple $2,000 scholarships to students enrolled in graphic communications degrees and pursuing careers in the printing industry. Learn more at the Foundation’s website here.
16) CITe Minor Student Tuition Scholarship – $500 – University of Akron students minoring in either Information Systems of eBusiness are eligible to apply for the CITe Minor Student Tuition Scholarship. Students must be enrolled full time and hold a GPA of at least 3.0. Learn more and get the application at the University of Akron’s website.
17) Bakersfield Chapter Appraisal Institute – Award varies – The Bakersfield Chapter of the Appraisal Institute is pleased to offer a scholarship to a CSU – Bakersfield student enrolled in the School of Business & Public Administration. Eligible students must be interested in pursuing a career in Real Estate Appraisal services, be majoring in Business and have at least a 3.0 GPA. Learn more about this scholarship opportunity on the CSU Bakersfield website.
18) Dairy Management, Inc. Scholarship Program – $2,500 to $3,500 – The National Dairy Promotion and Research Board, through Dairy Management Inc., offers up to 11 annual scholarships to undergraduate students enrolled in college or university programs with an emphasis on dairy. An eligible candidate is majoring in communications/public relations, journalism, marketing, business, economics, nutrition, food science, or Ag education with an interest in pursuing a career in a dairy related discipline. The fund will look for leadership skills, initiative, integrity, and academic achievement. Learn more at Dairy.org.
19) The David and Jeannie Price Scholarship Fund – $3,000 – The Baton Rouge Area Foundation is pleased to provide a $3,000 scholarship to full-time juniors or seniors committed to excellence and pursuing an undergraduate degree in business at either Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge or University of Missouri – Columbia with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5. Students will be required to provide their transcript, a personal essay and a staff recommendation from the university. Learn more at the Foundation’s website.
20) Harold Bettinger Scholarship – $4,000 – Horticulture students, sophomore through graduate level, are encouraged to apply for the Harold Bettinger Scholarship administered through the American Floral Endowment. Eligible Candidates should be majoring or minoring in business or marketing and intend to use their training in a career related to horticulture. Visit the American Floral Endowment for more information.
21) IFAF Educational Scholarship – $2,000 – The Marriott Foundation has partnered with the IFA Educational Foundation to sponsor a competitive one-time scholarship award, presented annually. Applicants must be a US citizen, enrolled in a US accredited college or university and studying business, hospitality or franchise management. Find the application for this award at the IFA Education Foundation website.
22) Cirilo McSween Scholarship – $2,500 – The Cirilo McSween Scholarship is sponsored by New York Life and administered by PUSH Excel and is a renewable scholarship awarded to High School seniors accepted at an accredited four-year college or university with a major in business. Applicants must have at least 3.0 GPA. Applicants must also demonstrate how they are playing an active role in their communities. Find out specific requirements and get the application at the PUSH Excel website.
23) Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc. – $1,500-$9,000 – Juniors and seniors studying business, supply chain management, engineering, or industrial distribution are invited to apply for the Material Handling Education Foundation scholarship for the 2017-2018 school year. Awards will range between $1,500 to $9,000. Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a four-year or graduate program at a qualified school in the US or Canada, and maintain a B average. Learn more scholarship requirements and get an application at the Material Handling Education Foundation website.
24) Management in Plumbing, HVAC or Electrical Scholarship – $8,000 – The Nextar Legacy Foundation is proud to provide a scholarship for students pursuing a career managing a residential plumbing service. If you desire to own and operate your own plumbing business or work in marketing, accounting, mechanical engineering operations or other related positions for a residential plumbing business, visit the Nextar Legacy Foundation website to find out more.
25) Paul S. Mills Scholarship – $1,000 – The Paul S. Mills Scholarship program offers scholarship awards to students pursuing a career in financial services, including majors in finance, accounting, insurance, risk management, actuarial services and related fields. Qualified applicants must be a US citizen or legal resident, and demonstrate financial need. See the Foundation for FSP website for more information on the scholarship program.
26) Richard L. Davis, FACMPE – Managers Scholarship -$1,000 – $5,000 – The North Carolina Medical Group Management Association offers scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to individuals enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program relevant to medical practice management, such as public health, business administration, healthcare administration, and related areas. Applicants must be ACMPE participants interested in a fellowship who are actively pursuing continuing education through conferences, workshops, and seminars held by nationally recognized professional associations. Learn more here.
27) John T. Lockton Memorial Scholarships – $5,000 – The Spencer Educational Foundation awards up to ten John T. Lockton Memorial Scholarships to undergraduate students majoring in risk management, insurance or business administration. Students must be enrolled full-time at an accredited US or Canadian college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or more. Applicants must also be able to show proven leadership skills and be pursuing a career in risk management. Learn more at the Spencer Education Foundation website.
28) Mildred C. Hanson, SIOR Memorial Scholarship – $4,000 – The Society of Industrial Realtors (SIOR) Foundation SIOR Foundation is proud to offer Junior and Senior women enrolled in an accredited real estate program the Mildred C. Hanson $4,000 scholarship grant. Applicants enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian college or university can visit the SIOR Foundation website for more details on the award.
29) GE/LNESC Scholarship – $5,000 – General Electric Foundation, in partnership with the LNESC Scholarship program, has established a scholarship of $5,000 for qualified minority students enrolled as sophomores at an accredited US college or university and majoring in business or engineering. 3.0 GPA required. The scholarship is renewable for up to three years based on academic achievement. Learn more here.
30) AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students $1,000- $5,000 – The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) awards outstanding minority students currently enrolled as a full-time accounting major. Grants are up to $5,000 per year and are renewable awards requiring the student to resubmit their application. Visit the AICPA Diversity Awards page for more information.
31) Miller Coors National Scholarship – $3,000 – Miller Coors is pleased to present through Adelante US Education Leadership Fund the Miller Coors National Scholarship program for college juniors or seniors of Hispanic descent. Qualified applicants must be a full-time business or communications major, of Hispanic descent and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Visit the Adelante website to learn more and apply for the 2016 – 2017 school year.
32) ACBH Stipend Program for an Internship on Capitol Hill – $400- $1,000 – The ACBH Stipend Program for an Internship on Capitol Hill is open to Bosnian American students who have earned an internship position with the US Congress. Applicants should have a relevant educational background, excel at communication and writing and have a demonstrated interest in the community and public service. Apply at the ACBH website.
33) H. Wolanski Business Scholarship – $500-$4,000 – Cleveland State University, in partnership with the H. Wolanski Scholarship Foundation, is pleased to offer CSU students majoring in business or law the H. Wolanski Business Scholarship. Priority goes to students of Ukranian descent, and awards will range between $500 and $4,000. Learn more on the CSU website
34) Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship – $5,000 – Graduating high school seniors planning to study business, technology or engineering are eligible to apply for the Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Scholarship Award. This year, BAM will award two renewable $5,000 scholarships to students of African American, African or Ethiopian descent who plan to attend a four-year college or university. Applicants must show demonstrated leadership skills, a passion for technology and financial need. A minimum of 3.3 GPA is required. Learn more on the Microsoft BAM website.
35) Cargill Inc. Tribal College Scholarship – $4,500 – Native American and Alaska Natives are invited to apply for the Cargill Inc. Tribal College Scholarship of $4,500. Eligible applicants will have a minimum GPA of 3.0, be majoring in finance, accounting, engineering, science, business, agriculture or computer technology and be attending a tribal college. Learn more at CollegeFund.org
36) Matt Fong Asian Americans in Public Finance Scholarship – $2,500 – The Asian Americans in Public Finance Organization is awarding two $2,500 scholarship awards to Asian American students enrolled in a California-based college or university, majoring in accounting, political science, public policy, business administration or related fields. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required as well as demonstrated financial need. Record of community or volunteer service preferred. Find out details and apply at the Asian Pacificfund.org.
37) Adelante! Fund Gilbert G. Pompa Memorial Scholarship – $1,000 – The ¡Adelante! U.S. Education Leadership Fund will be awarding one scholarship to students pursuing a pre-law degree or planning to attend law school in a college or university in the state of Texas. Preference is given to Hispanic females. Applicants must have completed 90 credit hours with a 2.7 GPA or above. Deadline to apply is July 3 for the 2016-2017 scholarship season.
38) Cancer for College Leonard Family Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship – $1,000-$5,000 – Cancer survivors majoring in business or a related field with a desire for a career in the food service industry are encouraged to apply for the Leonard Family Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship. Residents of California enrolled in an accredited US college or university are preferred. Visit CancerforCollege.org for more information.
49) Charles H. ‘Chuck’ Forman – Crawford Technologies Scholarship – $1,000 – Sponsored by Crawford Technologies and administered by EDSF, the Charles H Forman Scholarship is a $1,000 award for students pursuing graphic communications, business or other fields related to the printing industry. Preference is given to New York residents. Visit EDSF.org for more information.
You might also enjoy reading..