Online MBA in Florida
Welcome to our in-depth guide on online MBA programs in Florida. Whether you are considering an AACSB-accredited MBA or another program option, this guide can help you get started with its collection of Florida specific resources. This resource is comprehensive, focusing on providing a simple (but complete) collection of every possible MBA online available in Florida.
As a working professional, attending a Florida business school on campus can be difficult. Balancing work, family, and life is challenging enough. Thankfully, many AACSB-accredited schools offer an online MBA in Florida that are top-notch and generally deliver the same value as a traditional campus MBA.
Some programs are fully online, and others are in a hybrid format that combines campus sessions with online modules. To help you, we have researched every AACSB-accredited online program. Since your needs are unique, we have done our best to provide a comprehensive snapshot of each program’s various aspects.
The Best Online MBA Programs in Florida
The below 7 online MBA programs in Florida are listed in alphabetical order.
1. Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business offers a fully online MBA program with an International Business Specialization that allows participants to continue their professional responsibilities while studying. FAU is AACSB-accredited and recognizes the need for students to understand the growing impact of international business, competition, and how to operate in today’s global marketplace. This program will provide you with an invaluable perspective that expands and deepens your global viewpoint.
FAU’s online MBA programs in Florida are 100% online, which means you have the flexibility to study when and where you want. They contain the same curriculum and are taught by the same professors as their campus-based alternatives. A variety of learning methods are used, combining informative lectures, interactive class discussions, presentations, and team projects.
The program can be completed in 23 months. It would be best if you had a GPA of 3.0 or higher over the last 60 undergraduate credits and must have four years of work experience. However, if you have less than four years of experience, you must take the GMAT or GRE. They have rolling enrollment for the Fall (August) and Spring (January) semesters.
Program Completion Options
- Executive Program – Please see the “Accredited MBA Programs in Florida” section above.
- Online Program – Designed for students with undergraduate degrees in any discipline. The focus of the online MBA is to provide an environment where a concentrated effort between professor and student results in the mastery of all of the components of a graduate-level, business administration curriculum – all in an online environment. Upon completion of the online MBA program, you will have earned the Master of Business Administration degree together with an International Business specialization.
Standard Coursework – Financial Accounting Concepts, Corporate Financial Management, Communication Skills for Business Professionals, Leadership and Executive Forum, Global Environment of Management, Advanced Analysis of Accounting Data, Marketing Management in a Global Environment, Advanced Financial Management, Management of Information Systems and Technology, Operations Management, Leadership and Organizations, Global Management Strategy and Policy.
Students can choose four courses for the International Business Specialization from the following: Advanced International Monetary Economics, Global Supply Chain Management, Cross-Cultural Management, and Human Resources, International Business Operations, Managing Effectively in Emerging Market Economies, and Global Marketing Management.
Program Concentrations and Specialization Options
International Business – An International Business Specialization provides you with an international perspective that expands and deepens your global viewpoint. The program helps students understand the growing impact of international business and competition.
2. Florida Gulf Coast University
Florida Gulf Coast University’s Lutgert College of Business offers accredited degree programs online. With this Distance Learning option, students are allowed to proceed through the programs quickly. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides students with a challenging curriculum and preparation for leadership in careers across all types of business and public organizations. This professional online MBA program in Florida emphasizes analytical, technical, and social tools to solve organizational problems.
The program length is 45 credit hours. It is divided into nine credits of foundation courses, 30 credits of required core courses, and six elective courses. Up to a maximum of nine credits of foundation, courses may be waived from a regionally accredited institution.
Admission requirements include an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, a GPA of 3.0 or higher over the last 60 undergraduate credits, and a minimum score of 450 on GMAT or equivalent score on GRE.
Program Completion Options
The following guidelines have been established to assist students in choosing standard course loads and completion of the graduate programs in a timely manner:
- Full-time – Full-Time students are required to enroll for a minimum of ninec credit hours per semester.
- Part-time – Part-Time students are encouraged to enroll for six credit hours per semester.
All graduate degree requirements must be completed within seven years from when a student is officially admitted to the program.
- Standard Coursework – Managerial Accounting, Legal and Ethical Issues, Managerial Economics, Financial Management, Business Strategy, The Challenge of Leadership, Global Organizational Issues, Adv Marketing Analysis & Strategy, Business Analytics, and Operations Management
- Foundational Coursework – Foundations of Econ/Finance, Management/Marketing Concepts, and Management of Information Systems
3. Florida International University
Florida International University’s Chapman Graduate School of Business is known for its leadership in business education and highly esteemed faculty. The Chapman online corporate MBA degree is designed for professionals who are motivated to enhance a particular area of their expertise and gain credentials to advance. FIU allows students to access their courses at any time and from any location with an internet connection.
This program allows engaging in discussions with professors and peers alike through chat, email, and discussion board. Exceptional and extended support is provided every step of using online e-advising and e-tutoring for any questions.
The online corporate MBA program can be completed in as little as 18 months and up to two and a half years. The CMBA has a rolling enrollment for the January (Spring A), March (Spring B), and May (Summer) semesters.
Admission requirements include a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, a 3.0 or higher GPA, a minimum of four years of work experience, and a score of 500 on the GMAT or the equivalent GRE score.
Program Completion Options
This online MBA in Florida offers flexibility with more options for completion. They have three tracks you could choose from.
- Track A is the longer route, ideal for students who do not need an accelerated pace of study. Students can take one class per quarter, allowing the program to be completed in two and a half years.
- Track B is for students who prefer flexibility in the number of courses they can take. You get to decide how many courses to take each quarter, and the program can be completed in approximately one year and nine months.
- Track C is for students who want to finish the program sooner. By taking two classes per quarter, it can be completed in 18 months.
Standard Coursework – Competitive Strategy, Accounting for Managers, Corporate Finance, Business Analysis for Decision Making, Operations Management, Marketing Management in the Global Environment, Financial Reporting and Analysis, International Business, Global Financial Strategy, Organization information Systems, Organizational Behavior, Strategic Management, Legal Environment of Business, and Corporate Simulation.
Students are also required to take three Professional Development Seminars before continuing in the program. These seminars are Work Preference Indicator Assessment, Presentation Skills Seminar, and Career Services Seminar.
4. Florida State University
The Florida State University’s College of Business offers anAACSB-accredited Master in Business Administration online. This program is a general business degree designed for working professionals with extensive work experience or individuals who have shown excellence and leadership in their previous academic work. It offers an additional two specializations – Hospitality and Tourism Management and a Real Estate Specialization.
The online MBA program can be done from the convenience of your home or the office. This kind of environment fosters creativity and allows you to hone your skills and collaborate with high-caliber peers. The program takes seven semesters to complete. Students pay the same price, plus applicable fees, for courses regardless of location.
Admission to the program is competitive, requiring all applicants to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. They typically admit candidates who have a minimum of five years of work experience, a GPA of at least 3.0, and a minimum total score of 550 on the GMAT. Although GMAT or GRE scores are required, the College of Business now waives the GRE/GMAT requirement for experienced applicants meeting individual career and education qualifications.
Classes are taught by the same world-renowned professors who teach on campus and are leaders in their research fields. Application deadlines are as follows: March 1 for Summer entry, June 1 for Fall entry, October 1 for Spring entry.
Standard core courses of the three programs include the following: Standard Coursework – Financial Reporting & Managerial Control, The Legal & Ethical Environment of Business, Problems in Financial Management, Marketing Strategy in the Global Environment, Organizational Behavior, Business Conditions Analysis, Information & Technology Management, Operations Management, and Strategy & Business Policy.
MBA Program Concentrations and Specialization Options
- MBA with Real Estate Specialization (39 credit hours) – Florida State University’s online MBA program offers a rigorous set of elective courses focused on real estate finance and analysis. This two-year degree thrives as one of the largest and most successful programs in the nation and prepares students to master the ever-changing marketplace. This program is consistently ranked among the nation’s Top 10 programs at public institutions. Students seeking this specialization can customize their MBA with nine hours of flex courses: Real Estate Valuation, Topics in Real Estate and Finance, Real Estate Investments, Investment Management & Analysis, Customer Relationship Management.
- MBA with major in Hospitality and Tourism Management (33 credit hours) – This two-year degree (six semesters) builds on the outstanding reputation of the college’s Dedman School of Hospitality, which has been supplying managers for the hospitality industry for nearly 70 years. This new program is entirely online and ideal for professionals working in the hospitality business, recent FSU hospitality graduates, and international students seeking to earn an MBA. Specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management includes the following hospitality courses: Business Strategy for the Hospitality Industry, Hospitality Financial Management, Managing Legal Risks of Hospitality Organizations.
5. University of Florida
The University of Florida is a pioneer in the online MBA field. Its program is AACSB-accredited and regarded as one of the world’s best online programs by the Financial Times and U.S. News & World Report. UF’s online MBA program combines the flexibility of an online format and periodic face-to-face interactions with faculty and classmates.
Once every four months, students are required to spend a weekend on campus: Saturdays typically include final exams or presentations, and Sunday is often allocated for live interaction and connections with classmates, faculty, and the university. Upon completing the program, students earn a full Master of Business Administration degree equivalent to any other MBA degree offered by the University of Florida.
The online MBA program in Florida is asynchronous, which allows you to view online lectures at your convenience on your own schedule. The program uses a lock-step, cohort-based system to help facilitate building healthy relationships and a peer network. In this system, students go through the entire five terms with the same group of classmates. Most of the coursework is completed online, but students must attend one on-campus weekend every four months.
Admission requirements include a minimum of two years of full-time professional work experience, GMAT or GRE test scores, resume, two letters of recommendation, and an official transcript.
MBA Program Completion Options
Online Two-Year – The UF Online Two-Year MBA program is designed for students from any academic background. It is also the recommended program for non-business majors and business majors who graduated more than seven years in the past. Initial foundation courses include Finance, Marketing, Management, Operations, and Economics. Upon completion of these foundation courses, students can focus on a chosen area of interest.
Classes start in the Fall (September) and Spring (February) semesters. The 48-credit-hour program can be completed in 24 to 27 months.
Online One-Year – UF’s Online One-Year MBA program recognizes the completion of business core courses from an undergraduate degree. In light of this, foundational courses are not required to be repeated. With this program, students get to begin their studies in a chosen area of interest. Possible concentration areas include entrepreneurship, finance, international, and marketing.
This accelerated program option will allow you to complete the program in 16 months. Classes start in January or February.
Standard Coursework – Foundations Review, Operations Management, International Finance, Professional Writing, Corporate Finance, The Legal Environment of Business, Introduction to Real Estate, Advanced Marketing Management, Business-to-Business Marketing, Entrepreneurship & Venture Finance, and Global Strategic Management.
MBA Program Concentrations and Specialization Options
For the online two-year program, students can choose from one of four areas of focus. Nine credits are allotted for these areas that include:
- Entrepreneurship – This concentration provides skills and concepts to prepare students to become entrepreneurs, business owners, or innovators in new ventures. Focus area courses include Entrepreneurial Marketing, Entrepreneurship & Venture Finance, Legal Aspects of Technology Management, Negotiations, and Problems & Methods in Marketing Management.
- Finance – Concentration in Finance is designed to give an understanding of key concepts in financial institutions, theory, investment analysis, and risk management. Focus area courses include Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship & Venture Finance, Finance Elective, International Finance, and Introduction to Real Estate.
- International – Focus area courses include Global Strategic Management, International Business Global Immersion Experience, International Finance, and International Marketing.
- Marketing – This concentration applies marketing research methods and techniques in analyzing and implementing strategic advertising. It explores buyer behavior and consumer issues that affect marketing strategies. Focus area courses include Advanced Marketing Management, Business to Business Marketing, Entrepreneurial Marketing, International Marketing, and Problems & Methods in Marketing Management.
- MBA/OEM Concurrent Degree – This innovative dual-degree combines a degree in engineering with an MBA. It reduces the amount of coursework required to obtain both the MBA and OEM degrees. The Outreach Engineering Management Program (OEM) is an engineering master’s degree for students who are working full-time and eligible to apply for the online one-year MBA program.
6. University of Miami
The University of Miami developed its Online Professional MBA program to fit a working professional’s busy schedule. It provides well-rounded business education to develop strategic insights necessary to lead top organizations. The program is taught by the same world-class faculty who teach the on-campus classes and feature an innovative curriculum that can be applied to your work immediately. It offers flexibility in schedule to align with your other commitments.
Despite 100% online coursework, students establish a close connection to the university and build networks. The program starts with an orientation weekend where you get to meet the faculty, get to know other students, and understand the learning model. Once in the online MBA program, a week-long immersion provides another chance to visit the campus. This allows students to spend time with the faculty, fellow students, and the UM community. It is also during this immersion where an accelerated course is completed.
Application requirements include the following: transcript, official GMAT scores (GMAT may be waived for qualified applicants with appropriate academic and significant experience), two professional or academic recommendations, a resume, and a one-page personal statement addressing your interest in the online professional MBA program at the University of Miami. Start dates are January, May, or September.
Standard Coursework: Fundamentals of Finance, Accounting & Economics, Foundations of Marketing Management, Essentials of Economic Theory, Management Information Systems, Financial and Managerial Accounting, Managing Responsible Behavior in Organizations, Statistical Analysis for Managerial Decision Making, Legal Implication in Executive Decision Making, Intermediate Corporate Finance & Investments, Operations Research Models in Management, Operations Management, and Strategic Management.
Florida online MBA Salary and Job Outlook
Florida’s occupational employment shows a 42% improvement by 2022, according to statistics. The state should have about 23,400 jobs in that year as compared to the 16,460 openings in 2012. At that rate, Florida’s employment market is expected to be better than the nation’s.
Management occupations can expect to earn about $100,757 on average. Half of those in this occupation will make about $68.53 an hour. Experienced professional entry-level is $69.78 an hour, while entry-level employees should expect about $27.49 an hour.
Here are some statistics from PayScale.com about the wages in Florida for management professionals:
- The average salary you can expect to earn in Florida with an MBA is between $43,000 and $ 135,00.
- An MBA from the University of Florida can get you a salary of about $61,000.
- Florida International University MBA can fetch a salary of about $54,563.
- Get your MBA at the Main Campus of the University of South Florida and your salary may be about $55,000.
- AN MBA from Florida State University may result in a salary of around $54,000
The average salary you can expect after your MBA:
- Financial Analyst: $45,200 to $109,900
- Operations Manager: $56,400 to $187,200
- Chief Executive: $88,500 to $187,200
- Sales Manager: $60,500 to $187, 200
- Marketing Research Analysts: $30,200 to $93,200