Online MBA in Arizona
Welcome to our online MBA Programs in Arizona Guide. In this guide, you will find a description and profile of every MBA program in Arizona, plus additional resources you might find handy. To navigate, scroll down, or use the menus provided. We wish you all the best as you attempt to advance your career by obtaining an accredited MBA degree online!
Online MBA Programs in Arizona
Choosing an accredited online MBA program in Arizona is a smart move. Accredited programs offer proven success in education and training, as they are evaluated by an external body that has determined set standards have been met. In this section, we cover some business schools in Arizona that have some of the best curriculum and faculty in the state.
(The online MBA programs in Arizona listed below are in alphabetical order.)
1. Arizona State University
Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business runs the online MBA program. You can customize this AACSB-accredited MBA to match your career goals. Classes start in January and August. You can take one core course (five weeks in duration) at a time.
Courses include Financial Accounting, Managerial Economics, Organization Theory, Strategic Management, Marketing Management, and Operations and Supply Management. You can also combine the ASU MBA with a second degree from Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering or ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. The dual degrees offered include:
- Online MBA/MSE Electrical Engineering
- Online MBA/Master of Legal Studies
- Online MBA/MS Industrial Engineering
2. The University of Arizona
The University of Arizona’s Eller College of Management runs a successful online MBA program. At UA, you get to learn from Nobel and Pulitzer prize-winning faculty. The well-known McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship, an undergraduate and graduate entrepreneurship program, is part of this B-school. The Center’s entrepreneurship program is one of the country’s best according to groups such as US News & World Report, the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship, SUCCESS magazine, and the Princeton Review.
The Eller online MBA is a 14-month program. The school offers four distinct concentration options:
- MBA Finance Concentration
- MBA Management and Organizations Concentration
- MBA Management Information Systems Concentration
- MBA Marketing Concentration
One unique feature of the Eller MBA is that the tuition price includes the cost of e-books. There are five start dates for the program you can choose from, making the program incredibly convenient for working professionals.
Arizona Online MBA Salary and Job Outlook
The employment prospects for MBA holders are good in Arizona, with the average professional in management occupations earning an average salary of $100,940 per year (with a reported 148,850 employed) and the average professional in business and financial operations occupations earning an average of $66,140 per year (with a reported 138,200 employed).1A reported 34,773 job openings in the business and financial operations arena are expected to open between 2014 and 2016.2
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that jobs in management in the US should increase by about 6% between 2014 and 20243 New businesses starting up in Arizona and existing businesses expanding operations will create some of these jobs. The number of new jobs expected across the US in management occupations between 2014 and 2016 is 505,400.3
Salaries should be the highest in Phoenix’s metropolitan areas (including Scottsdale and Chandler) and Tucson.1 According to Payscale.com, an MBA graduate in Arizona can expect to earn between $50,000 and 134,000 per year. General/Operations Managers in Arizona earn around $60,000 per year). According to Careeronestop.org, people in the Managers, All Other categories in Arizona earn between $50,000 and $150,000, close to the same as those in the US as a whole.
Payscale.com reports average salaries for MBA graduates from different Arizona colleges:
- Arizona State University – $76,835
- University of Arizona – $100,000
- University of Phoenix – $68,853
- DeVry University, Phoenix – $85,000
Other Popular Online MBA Program Pages
- Online MBA Degrees in California
- Online MBA Degrees in Nevada
- Online MBA Degrees in Utah
- Online MBA Degrees in Colorado
1. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics, May 2016 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates, Arizona: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_az.htm#13-0000
2. Arizona Labor Statistics, Arizona Long-Term Occupation Employment Projections: 2014-2024: https://laborstats.az.gov/sites/default/files/documents/files/LT_OccProjReport_format.pdf
3. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Management Occupations: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/